Favorite story from Operation Infected?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite story from Operation Infected?

Post  Prowler on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:28 pm

So, let's hear your war stories from the 30th...

Here's mine:

In the first game, I was on the infected team, playing with my Sheridan K2 Bolt Action (aka The Devil's Brass). Liam and Joe were with me behind the wall to the north of Bravo Base. As we waited for the game to start, I added branches and leaves to my mask to match what Liam and Joe had done at the rally point. (Great idea guys). Being limited to pumps, we had to be stealthy. We lay still, watching the Patriot Team assemble at Bravo. As the call to go live came over the radio, I motioned for my teammates to move back, and then swing out to our right. They low crawled like ninja, and moved to the position I needed. Then I fell back from the wall and swung out wide behind them, ending my movement about 50 feet to their right, and slightly advanced from them, towards Bravo.

At this point we came under fire from Patriot Forces. I think it was Mark I exchanged fire with for a while. Came damn close, but couldn't land a hit on him...I managed to escape, but I became separated from my team. I see a Patriot (Ryan), and he doesn't see me. I find a spot no more than 20 feet from him, line up my shot and...the paintball flops out of the end of my barrel with a pathetic pop, as my 12gram runs dry...that initial exchange cost me more than I thought...Ryan just seemed surprised I missed, and starts running away...with me chasing him, while fumbling in my pack for another 12gram, hoping he doesn't realize I'm empty...at this point he turns to shoot at me, backed by a teammate, and I decide I better beat feet...

I run for a bit, then hit my belly gasping for air. I load another 12gram and a 10 round tube, finally I can shoot back...I spotted a Patriot (Gauvin?) with his back to me, and began to low crawl towards him slowly. So far, so good...I get within range...check my escape routes...as I turn to look at my target, I realize I am not alone...about 25 feet to my left, with his left side to me is another Patriot (Lewis)...he doesn't see me, so I turn to my original target, and line up my shot...pull the trigger...nothing...wtf? Re-cock the rifle...pull the trigger...nothing...I think the 12gram didn't pierce...re-cock...still nothing...I fall back slightly to a large stump...

Now I'm in full panic mode...not only is my original target advancing on me, but there is a third Patriot I hadn't seen before...I'm surrounded, and Lewis is starring at me as I fumble with the rifle trying to get the 12gram out...

If he had realized I wasn't on his team, it would have hurt...and if I had been able to fire I might have had several kills with a bolt action against semi's from concealment...

Instead I walked away, and once outside of the combat area, I dropped the 12gram and replaced it.

The moral of this tale? Never drop your spent 12grams into the same pouch as the full ones...When I reloaded, I grabbed an empty 12gram...

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
- Ernest Hemingway
Prowler
SCAR Command Staff
SCAR Command Staff

http://scarpaintball.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite story from Operation Infected?

Post  The General on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 am

The sounds of combat filled the air as the revolutionary forces struggled to defend Bravo base, The Infected pressed the assault from the rear as Patriot forces moved in from the front. Faced with enemy forces on all sides the Revolutionaries attempted to force the two groups into each other, pressing the Infected left and the patriots right. For a moment it seemed as if the tactic had worked before the revolutionary line was shattered by a hail of fire... A skirmisher (Prowler) charged the defensive gap and opened fire even as the patriot forces advanced into Alpha Base. In a single moment the task was done, the Revolutionary commander (Me) suffered a near fatal shot and crumbled to the ground as the romero serum attempted to repair the massive damage to his head. Despite the shot the infected skirmisher had no time to cash in on his success as the patriot forces finished him with a barrage of fire.

As the Commander's vision slowly began to clear he was faced with the patriot assault force who quickly took him into custody and began a fighting retreat from the location. Using their new prisoner as a human shield (Good going Roy) and utilizing a stepped retreat the patriot forces fell back from position to position, the sounds of pursuit fading into the background. Knowing the Romero Serum would soon mend the damage done to their prisoner the Patriot forces remained on top of the situation (Quite litteraly, good job Lou.) until reaching their extraction location at Charlie Base.

Now fully back to his senses the Revolutionary commander was losing hope that he would be rescued... knowing that time and opportunity were in short supply he made one final attempt to fee himself from his captors. Lunging for the weapon of his nearest guard he attempted to fire upon the patriot forces in front of him. The struggle was brief and the attempt unsuccessful as he was wrestled to the ground and secured before any damage could be done...

Having my hands bound behind my back on a paintball field was truly a first for me and a great example of what I want S.C.A.R. to be... i'll post the video here as soon as I can get it clipped to size.
The General
SCAR Command Staff
SCAR Command Staff

http://www.myspace.com/scarpaintball

Back to top Go down

Post  The General on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:39 pm

As promised, a rough edit of the attempt...

The General
SCAR Command Staff
SCAR Command Staff

http://www.myspace.com/scarpaintball

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top